Wednesday, September 21, 2011

29 Month Updates on Lil J

I really should've posted a 28 month update blog.  There was plenty going on with the potty training.  But because there was plenty going on I was REALLY busy.  I kept meaning to write the blog ahead of time & then simply publish on the 20th, but never found the time.  And then on the 20th was my hubby's 30th high school reunion, so of course we were super busy that day.  And so it never got done.  My apologies.

So Lil J is now 30.2 lbs (50-75%), 36.5" tall (50-75%), & has a head circumference of 21" (>95%).

I started potty training on 8/9/11 using the 3 day potty training method.  I have posted 2 blogs specifically on that issue, so I won't say a whole lot about it here.  I am planning to do another blog on the topic soon & will probably post another one again later on down the road.  It's now been over a month since starting & definitely the majority of the time is perfection.  And almost all naps & overnight time he remains dry.  But we're still having issues while he's at church, not sure exactly why.  But I do feel like those issues are causing some going backwards here at home as well.  I'm doing my best to crack down & reduce accidents overall. 

All his fall clothing is purchased & ready to go.  He has already worn his new pants a few times now.  We are now entering the phase where it's cold early in the morning & at night, but it's still pretty warm (up to 90) during the middle of the day.  Tonight I am planning to pull out the footed PJs once again.  He's just been in soft pants & socks with a tshirt for summer sleeping. 

He is extremely active, cannot sit still or be quiet EVER.  He's even moving in his sleep LOL.  He LOVES to be outdoors.  During the summer months when it was SUPER HOT & he HAD to be outside I pulled out the little wading pool we got him & put him in swim trunks & that kept him cool while out there.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to keep him warm & dry during the winter months.  I think I definitely need to invest in some rain boots for him. 

He is definitely a little boy now & not a baby anymore.  He often shows me things, wanting to know what it's called.  I tell him & then he practices the word a few times.  And he has a great memory, which often amazes me.  I often just sit & look at him & am amazed at how big he's gotten & how much he comprehends. 

That's all the updates I have for now......until next time.

2 comments:

Danielle-Marie said...

I really enjoy reading these updates what with our boys being the exact same age. Landon has lots of playmates but they're either 6 months older or 6 months younger than he is and reading your updates on J shows me Landon's right on track with his development (aside from that darn bottle of his). Landon is 34lbs and 35 inches tall. I haven't measured his head lately but believe me when I tell you it's BIG. Haha. I read your potty training blogs. Wow, serious kudos to you. I just don't feel Landon is ready yet but we have just successfully made the conversion to a toddler bed so that makes me feel pleased with Landon's progress. I do want to begin potty training next month but I guess we'll see for sure. As you know, so much can happen in just a month's time. We got our kids their fall clothes in time for our trip to Philadelphia. Here we are in Philadelphia and it's still summer weather here! Haha. Oh well. How is J doing with temper tantrums and what not? We are full swing into the terrible twos!

Frau Guten Tag said...

Danielle: don't rush into potty training. In retrospect I actually wish I had waited. If I could turn back time & start over I would wait. Lil J STILL can't pull his pants &/or undies down or up by himself, which creates a lot of work for me. And it's frustrating cuz he can have perfect days with no accidents & can stay dry during naps & overnight, yet then he just randomly has days of non stop accidents. And the day care at church is not happy at all with his accidents. I'm trying really hard to not stress out & just let it go & wait patiently, knowing that he will mature & it will all work out, but I do regret having followed that book's suggestion & starting so soon.

Temper tantrums? I guess I'm trying to stay in denial by not talking about it, LOL. Alright, I'll post a blog about the terrible two's.....