Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rant of the day: remove the cause or teat the symptoms?

Our medical system in this day & age tends to treat symptoms. This is what I always refer to as a band-aid to cover up the root cause.

Everyone is always going on about finding a cure for cancer. This absolutely kills me, I cannot stand it. I think a far better option would be to find the cause & remove it. But of course no one would make any money off of that option.

I have recently experienced on my own with some skin issues finding the cause & removing said cause. This comes after many years of applying band-aids that sometimes do (& most of the time don't) work.

But I notice time & time again as I share my experience & try to help others that all they want to know is what pill to take. This idea of taking a pill (be it medicine or vitamin or herb, etc) & making no other lifestyle changes is so ingrained in people. It's astonishing to me. I love the old saying "if you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got". This saying is soooo true. And if you don't change your lifestyle (diet, activity, etc) then nothing else is going to change.

Are we really this lazy? We can't even be bothered to make some small changes in order to improve the quality of our lives??

Apparently we are this lazy. I can't even begin to tell you how many people want to complain about their symptoms yet they don't want to make changes that would remove those symptoms.

That's all for now, just needed to vent a bit.........

No comments: