Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY, Thursday, October 7, 2010.
Outside my window… It's sunny & beautiful & relatively cool, but will heating back up this weekend :(  I am sooo ready for fall.
I am thinking… about how busy I've been this week......every single day this week.......
I am thankful for… God providing & having food on the table & a roof over our heads
From the learning rooms… Still doing daily Bible studies each day with Lil J, have also added on reading a chapter of Proverbs each day & I read my own daily Bible reading out loud for his benefit as well.
From the kitchen… been making lots of muffins for hubby lately; last Friday I made enchiladas for dinner & they were a huge hit, planning to make them again tomorrow night.  And I am so excited at how well I'm doing making my own kefir for Lil J.  It's so easy & Lil J loves it & it's a big savings to us.  :)
I am wearing… jeans, a grey cami with a white blouse over it
I am creating… been working on Lil J's baby book a lot lately--his first haircut had to be recorded in there & I added some other things as well.
I am going… with hubby in the morning to his doctor appointment & then I'm planning to check out a farmer's market in the area & see if I like it or not.
I am reading… Revolution in world missions; my church gave out free copies of it & the author is our guest speaker this Sunday
I am hoping… to get completely caught up with various little things I need to get done (& keep putting off cuz I'm too busy) by the end of next week.
I am hearing… Lil J slamming his leg against his mattress as he tries to fall asleep for his nap & the sound of the dishwasher.
Around the house… My stepdaughter has announced that she will most likely be moving out in the early part of next year, we are sad to see her go, but at the same time I am excited for her
Some of my favorite things… good food & company, crisp fall air
A few plans for the rest of the week: going with hubby to his doc appointment in the morning & checking out a farmer's market & then house cleaning when I get back home.
I am praying… for my hubby, my son, my stepkids, our finances, & many friends & family

4 comments:

Sondra said...

How did the appointment go? I'm scheduling one for my darling this month as well. ENCHILADAS!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Wish I could'a been there!!!! I had that book but never read it. How is it? (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Frau Guten Tag said...

Well I think hubby has a hernia. He went to the doc about a month ago (I didnt go with him that time) & the doc says no hernia & does a urine culture. We wait all this time for the culture results & they end up showing no infection. Meanwhile hubbys in a lot of pain. So when they called him with the results he scheduled another appointment & this time I went with him. Now the doc says "maybe thats a hernia" duh! So he ordered an ultrasound, but we have to wait til the 25th for that. And then if it is a hernia he has to see a surgeon. Such a long process.

The book is really good. I wish so much that we could afford to sponsor a child.

Sondra said...

How did this turn out? Having done the hernia thing, I'm sorry to learn this. My body has never felt as strong since the hernia and correction. But God is sovereign, even in this! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Frau Guten Tag said...

I didn't realize you had a hernia too. Well he had the ultrasound done & in a little while today we are going to the doc to discuss what it showed. But we are also in the middle of switching insurance & docs, so there's gonna be a delay.

As a nurse I know it's an easy surgical repair & with as much pain as hubby's having I'm encouraging him to go that route. His ab muscles are weak, he never worksout or exercises at all. I've been nagging him about that for years & now this is the end result. I know they sell support garments for hernias, but the surgery just seems an easier fix to me......now I'm not sure, but if his ab muscles are already weak is he really gonna notice weakness after the surgery? Has it been problematic for you at all?