Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY, Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Outside my window... 
It's been SUPER HOT since Friday, yesterday was the hottest day EVER in our area, at least since they started recording it back in 1877.

I am thinking... 
about what to make for dinner tonight..........fish for hubby, pasta for me probably

I am thankful for... 
all that the Lord does & provides for us

I am wearing... 
a heather grey tank top & denim shorts

In the learning room... 
same for Lil J--Spanish, Bible study, your baby can read; I picked up a free book at my church on Sunday about missions

I am remembering... 
how dreary & unpeaceful my life was before I met Jesus

I am going... 
grocery shopping tomorrow, just milk & chicken & some supplements

I am currently reading... 
I finished my Francine Rivers novels, only to find that they are partially a true story, based on Francine's own family history, knowing that just makes it all the more interesting, but it was a REALLY good read, really makes you examine yourself & how you view your mother & how you treat your child based on how you view your mother & your upbringing.  I am about to start a book on missions that they were giving away for free at church on Sunday & I am still reading Black Beauty outloud to Lil J.

I am hoping... 
we get to the top of this mountain soon, we've been climbing for over 2 years now.......

On my mind... 
why my stepdaughter gets so touchy & defensive every time the subject of current events &/or church comes up, I guess all I can do is pray for her

Noticing that... 
Lil J has fallen asleep in his jumperoo, that means no afternoon nap for him most likely, so I better enjoy my time NOW

Pondering these words... 
if He is not Lord of all then He is not Lord at all--from Greg Laurie

From the kitchen... 
I made snickerdoodles yesterday, so yummy, I want to make some more focaccia soon, but maybe not todday

Around the house... 
I need to do a lot of cleaning this week, took last week off due to my shoulder, it's still not completely better, but I can't have the house not clean either.

One of my favorite things 
reading, I can't get over how much I enjoy it & I hope to impart that love to my son

From my camera..
We took a trip on Saturday to visit my hubby's grandma.  We took a pic of this pic hanging on her wall.  My hubby is the youngest one, sitting on his mama's lap.  This is the youngest pic of my hubby I have ever seen.


No comments: