Monday, September 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY, Monday, September 20, 2010

Outside my window... 
It's really been a beautiful day today, I would love to have a little more breeze blowing though.

I am thinking... 
about relationships & how complicated they can become & how we can take action & communicate & forgive & make actual choices to improve our relationships or we can sit back & be hard-hearted & stubborn & refuse to forgive or communicate--it's OUR choice

I am thankful for... 
my incredible & amazing husband--he never ceases to amaze

I am wearing... 
blue top with crocheted cutouts & a white cami underneath with denim shorts

In the learning room... 
nothing new here at all........

I am remembering... 
how little & helpless Lil J was 17 months ago

I am going... 
grocery shopping on Wednesday--would go tomorrow, but it's my laundry marathon, so most likely I will put it off 'til Wednesday

I am currently reading... 
Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers (I finished Her Mother's Hope--this is the sequel, these books are soooooo good!) & am still reading Black Beauty out loud to lil J

I am hoping... 
we get better medical insurance soon

On my mind... 
wanting to be a good mother & raise my son in the way of the Lord

Noticing that... 
Lil J has a poopy diaper, I must pause now & go change him & then return to finish this.........

Pondering these words... 
to never let the sun go down on your anger--I'm still pondering this from last week,  as hubby & I committed to each last night to always follow this 

From the kitchen... 
nothing new yet this week.....need to finish off some leftovers & want to make some corn bread & focaccia & maybe bagels too.......

Around the house... 
got a lot of extra cleaning done last week, so should have an easier week this week :)

One of my favorite things 
spending time with my family--over the weekend my mom, bro, & sis in law came over & we celebrated my mom's 70th bday.  I had a wonderful time.

From my camera...
this is Lil J's new trampoline



2 comments:

Sondra said...

I'm reading what you are thinking and struggling. What about the relationships you try and try and try to reconcile, and still the other person will.not. respect your wishes? Very hard. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Frau Guten Tag said...

I totally agree & I do have relationships like that in my life. I just have to hold on to the fact that "I" know I did my best. It's a "choice" you can make, but relationships are made up of TWO people & you can't control the other person. So YOU can choose to make a better choice, but you can't force the other person to do the same. It is VERY hard.