Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY, Tuesday January 4, 2011.



Outside my window… it's chilly, but gorgeous!!  It rained most of the day yesterday & is so blue & clear today, with a few scattered clouds.

I am thinking… about what I need to put on my grocery shopping list for Thursday

I am thankful for… all that my Lord provides for me & my family, we are soooo blessed :)

From the learning rooms… daily Bible study with Lil J, we are back in I Corinthians now (following my church sermons), & still doing Proverbs each day as well.

From the kitchen…I finally got a crock pot (with a Christmas gift card) late last week; I've been wanting one for YEARS.  It is so awesome & amazing--hubby is LOVING the food that comes out of it & so is Lil J. 

I am wearing… a tan sweater with a tan cami underneath, sweats, & socks

I am creating… gonna pull out the crayons today (or tomorrow, hopefully today) & show Lil J his coloring book once again

I am going… grocery shopping on Thursday.  We need lots of stuff, gotta go to Costco & Mother's Market.

I am reading… the 5 love language of your children book--haven't had time to read lately, so I'm still working on this one

I am hearing… the wind blowing outside, I love the wind, but it's a very chilly wind today!!

Around the house… tomorrow will be my house cleaning day this week

A few of my favorite things…cooking, reading, gardening (I REALLY need to start working on my garden!), playing with Lil J, watching a movie with my hubby

A few plans for the rest of the week: still gotta go to Babies R Us for a bathtub toy organizer, & need to go grocery shopping.

I am praying… for my family to be safe, strong, & healthy always

6 comments:

Mrs. W said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely day book. I hope that you will have a successful week and a wonderful new year! Blessings, Heather

Frau Guten Tag said...

Thank you so much, same to you :)

Conny said...

Your name caught my eye at Simple Woman's Daybook ... My blog is The Life of an Ordinary Hausfrau! :) Just wondering if you had a German connection too? My parents are German (but I've lived in America since I was 4). I read your profile - and I too have miracle babies(though we did use mild fertility treatments) ... and I'm a born again Christian as well. :) Have a GREAT day!

Pretty Pauline said...

My friend, thank you for supporting me! I am wanting a crock pot as well and was joyful to read of yours. Recently at church a lady made kale by just putting in a teensy bit of water, pepper, and drizzling with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. She stuffed it all in and just let it cook, and it was AMAZING!

Off to check out your new blog.

Frau Guten Tag said...

Hi Conny! My father born here in the USA (as was I), but he is from German descent. My great grandparents were the ones to leave Germany (well it was Prussia at the time then) & come to the USA. I have now married a man of Mexican descent. So I often do a play on words between the German & Spanish. Praise God for the miralce babies! :) So nice to meet you!

Frau Guten Tag said...

Pauline: do you happen to know how LONG she cooked the Kale for? That sounds amazing! I gotta try that!