Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/



FOR TODAY, Tuesday January 18, 2011.



Outside my window… it's a gorgeous day!  It's been in the upper 70s-low 80s lately, but I'm pretty sure it's at least a tad cooler today.  And it's supposed to drop back to low 70s starting tomorrow.

I am thinking… about all the preparations I need to have in place for Thursday

I am thankful for… my husband--he's so amazing & awesome

From the learning rooms… still focusing on Bible study & Bible reading on a daily basis; I feel like it has made such a change in me & my attitude

From the kitchen…still LOVING my crock pot & using it almost every day!  Yesterday I made a Mexican Chicken Soup in it for hubby cuz he's been under the weather with a bad cold.  Last night I left it cooking garbanzo beans cuz I want to try to make falafel.  And right now I'm poaching chicken in it for Chicken Tortilla Soup on Thursday.  How did I ever live without my crock pot????

I am wearing… a brown top with a pink cami underneath, jeans, socks

I am creating… I'm feeling very creative with my new recipe blog, I'm enjoying it so much more than I had thought I would

I am going… to finish off my current workout plan--I'm in week 2 of doing the slim in 6 program.  I've had the DVDs for many years & have used them, along with the slim series, off & on.  But I was feeling really unfit, had stopped strength training several months back, so decided to kick-start this plan & get myself back in shape.  I know it takes me 12 weeks before I really feel fit, so this will only take care of the first half of that.  After that I'm not exactly sure yet, but will definitely be using the slim series.  The only change I've made is that I'm committing to do it 4 days/week, when I know it's designed to be done 6 days/week.  But 6 days/week is just not doable & I'd rather set up my plan at 4 than be disappointed in my failure every week.  And I guarantee you 4 days/week is better than NONE or even than 2 or 3.  At the end of the 12 weeks I'll set up my maintenance plan, which is usually only 2-3 days/week of working out.

I am reading… still haven't finished the 5 love language of your children book, but am also reading some homeschooling magazines & fitness & parenting (I got free subscriptions to them)

I am hearing… the lid on the crock pot jiggling around

Around the house… today is my laundry marathon, busy, busy, busy

A few of my favorite things…going for walks, working out, reading

A few plans for the rest of the week: setting everything up for Thursday & maybe some grocery shopping on Friday

I am praying… for Gideon's saturation week, my church, my govt, my family & lots of friends

2 comments:

Pretty Pauline said...

Okay, so when are coming out with your crock pot cookbook? I'll be your first order!

Frau Guten Tag said...

haha, I doubt there will ever be a cookbook, but I am posting all the recipes on my other blog