Monday, September 17, 2012

A rant on parenting & women in general.......

I know some men are hard on people, too.  But what I see most often in life is women, attacking each other & it manifests itself in a variety of ways.  But I just have to wonder WHY so many feel the need to be this way?  We don't walk in each other's shoes, we don't live each other's lives, so how can anyone be so harsh, so critical, so judgmental?  Why can't we all just accept that we really don't know it all & just love on one another & be more accepting?  Isn't that what Jesus would do?  Even though He actually does know it all!

I've seen it as a nurse for many many years now (which is a field that has females as the vast majority) & now as a mother I see plenty of it. 

I have recently had an incident in which another mother has decided that I have no control over my child.  And she believes that if I were to hand my child over to her that she could fix all my problems for me in that regard.

I just have to laugh to myself, quite honestly.  She is hardly ever around me or my child.  She apparently feels that me allowing my extremely active child (who takes after his father in this regard) to burn off his energy is displaying a lack of control over my child.  I have to just remind myself how ignorant she is proving herself to be & not allow myself to be offended by her ignorance.  Of course it's an effort to not be offended, especially when I take my job as a mother extremely seriously. 

What about the fact that if I don't encourage my child to burn off his energy that he doesn't sleep well & keeps me & hubby up at night?  Maybe lack of sleep is not a big deal to some, but it is to me & my hubby & it's also not healthy for my son to not be getting a good night's sleep on a regular basis.  What about the fact that there's FAR MORE to parenting than simply controlling behavior?  (A real pet peeve of mine: people who focus on controlling behavior rather than actually getting to the heart of the matter & focusing on what's really important.  And also the fact that focusing on controlling behavior is often done simply out of selfishness, not for the good of the child)  

Just a little rant & food for thought...........let's all show some love & compassion rather than think we are know-it-alls.

No comments: