Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/



FOR TODAY, Tuesday, December 28, 2010.



Outside my window… it's clear blue skies & in the 60s, very nice weather, but tomorrow is supposed to be heavy rain.  I love all weather really, though the summer heat is my least favorite, mostly I just like VARIETY, so bring on the rain I say!!

I am thinking… about what a great time we had over the Christmas weekend

I am thankful for… My family, friends, & for what a good sport Lil J is

From the learning rooms… daily Bible study with Lil J, we are back in I Corinthians now (following my church sermons), & still doing Proverbs each day as well.

From the kitchen… made stuffed bell peppers last night for dinner & they were a big hit with the fam, even my stepson liked them; tonight planning to make chicken paprikash, hopefully it's a hit too.

I am wearing… a heather grey top with a pink cami under it, jeans, & socks

I am creating… thanks to my brother & sister in law Lil J now has crayons & a coloring book & I've spent a little time showing it to him.  He does color a little each week at church.  So far he hasn't been paying much attention when I try to show him, so I think I need to put him in his booster seat & sit him at the table & show him that way, so he can't run around & be distracted; that's how they do it at church, he's at a table.

I am going… to Babies R Us again, to get something to keep Lil J's bath toys in.  He got bath toys for Christmas & I want to keep them organized in the tub.  I got one at Target, but it has suction cups & suction cups never work in our tub, so I need to return it.

I am reading… the 5 love language of your children book--haven't had time to read lately, so I'm still working on this one
I am hearing… a plane flying over & Lil J playing with his toys

Around the house… yesterday I took down the Christmas tree & all the Christmas decorations in the house

A few of my favorite things…chocolate :)

A few plans for the rest of the week: gotta return the bath toy organizer thing to Target & need to go to Babies R Us to look for one that will work for us, that's about it, we are loaded up good on groceries still

I am praying… that we can stay on our tight budget so that I don't have to return to work outside of the home & I can focus on raising my son & homeschooling him when the time comes

No comments: