Thursday, August 2, 2012

Addendum to the Child Training Bible Blog Post

I have already been using this tool with my son.  And I really love it.  I cannot say enough good things about it.

As I said in my previous blog post on this topic I felt there was some room for improvement in my opinion.  There were a few areas that I felt could be improved, but a big one to me was that I feel there is a big need for the topic of "purity".  In this day & age I believe this is a big issue that needs to be taught to our children straight from God's word.  So I did a study today for verses pertaining to this topic & added my own tabs/highlighting on my Child Training Bible for this topic.

I have quite a few verses for this particular topic, more than this tool has on the other topics it covers.  And a few of them pertain specifically to marriage & one of them pertains specifically to homosexuality.  Obviously which ones I choose to go over will depend on my son's age at the time.  But I do plan to continue to use this tool for many years to come in the future & I also plan to start discussing purity in general at a young age.  I think the world has waged war on this particular issue & we need to fight to reclaim it by teaching our children from a young age straight from God's Word as I already said.


No comments: