Friday, February 5, 2010

Anti-fungus diet update

So to recap I started this diet on November 16, 2009. Within a month all but one of my skin issues had gone away completely & the one remaining was much, much better than it has ever been. (It did later on clear up completely, just took a little longer than the others)

On February 20, 2010 I got sick with the stomach flu. For some reason when I am nauseated the only foods I can eat are carbs. I had this problem with my entire pregnancy--I wasn't lucky enough for the nausea to go away after the first trimester, it stuck with me for the ENTIRE pregnancy.

So as of February 20th I went off my diet. I could've gone back on in a couple of days & I should have, but I was having fun. I wasn't eating horribly, just things that aren't on the diet. One of my skin issues returned in about a week. I also had this fullness in my left ear--it was fluid in my ear & it was painful & I couldn't hear at all in this ear. I've had this problem off & on for most of my life, have had chronic ear problems since I was 1 week old. 2 weeks after falling off the wagon a second skin issue returned & I then rushed back to phase 1 of my diet.

Now, not only have my skin issues already reversed, but the fluid in my ear is gone also. I hadn't even thought that that may be diet related.

I will never be able to stick to this diet 100%, but I will definitely keep my cheating to a minimum & certainly not for a week or more at a time.

If anyone is interested in this diet, please go to http://www.knowthecause.com & feel free to ask me any questions you might have, it's an amazing diet & I want nothing more than to help others feel as great as I do.

EDIT: 2/9/10:
just in case anyone is doubting this post just a couple days after posting this I gave in to temptation & had a pineapple pastry from Whole Foods (hubby loves pastry & always has them in the house) & the next day my ear was full again. I again went back on this diet & the following day my ear was back to normal & has stayed that way.

1 comment:

Calfkeeper said...

I will have to look into this diet...it sounds interesting. I am trying to cut out sugar and white foods now. I feel better because of it.

You already have word verification set for your blog...but if you want to change stuff you go to "customize" (up on the top bar over to the right), then "settings" then "comments".