Wednesday, September 17, 2008

9 weeks tomorrow

So tomorrow will be 9 weeks.

I read that it will now be the size of a grape. So of course I went & bought grapes. I have to say I'm a little surprised.......the other weeks the increase in size was at least double, but this time it isn't nearly as much........not sure if the growth is gonna slow down now or if a grape isn't really accurate..........

So I've been reading a lot. I have a few pregnancy books I'm following as well as a few fitness books (for both during pregnancy as well as getting back in shape after). So I spend most of my spare time reading. My mother loaned me a book that her doctor gave her about pregnancy when she was pregnant with her first child back in 1963. I read the first chapter today. I have to say I am EXTREMELY touched that she chose to share this with me. I also am thrilled to be reading it. It's amazing to see how different things were back then, when in reality it's really not THAT long ago. But of course I have always been fascinated with the history of medical advances. I have always wanted to learn more about how things used to be & when they learned things & advances were made. I know, I'm a weirdo, most people couldn't care less about stuff like that.

Anyways, not much to report really........the nausea is still the same, it varies from moment to moment day by day. It could certainly be worse though, so I do consider myself lucky. Smells still really bother me, I'm trying really hard to learn how to avoid them & deal with them. I also brought home some face masks from work for occasions when they are REALLY bothering me.

For my birthday my brother & sister in law got me a really cool journal to write in during my pregnancy that I can show the baby someday. I am anxious to get started on that, too.

No comments: