Thursday, February 12, 2009

Distant Thunder

This is a movie that hubby bought a while back, not really sure when. We had watched it when we first got it, but recently we wanted to watch a movie & neither of us could remember this one, so we decided to watch it again.

I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, so I won't go into it too much. It is quite a short film & not a big budget movie. But I still think it's very well made & makes an amazing point. It's also done in a very artistic manner, lots of things in it have lots of symbolism & you really have to think about it. Some of the things I still don't fully get & some things appear to have more than one interpretation actually.

So when hubby & I recently watched it we were surprised & disappointed how short it was. We were discussing it & then put it on again & the second time through we started to understand a lot more than we did the first time through. It's definitely very touching & meaningful. I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone & everyone to watch. It's funny cuz I normally don't like symbolism-type stuff in books or movies, but for some reason the way it's done in this movie I really like it.

The DVD also contained lots of bonus material like interviews & commentaries, etc. I really enjoy that sort of thing.......definitely worth watching for this film I must say.

So go find this movie & watch it, at least twice...........and then pass it on to others. :)

A Distant Thunder on Amazon.com

No comments: