Monday, December 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY, Monday, December 6, 2010.

Outside my window… it was a very nice day, not too hot, not too cold

I am thinking… about Lil J's food allergies & that I need to do more research on this topic

I am thankful for… my awesome hubby, our great doctor, good friends

From the learning rooms… still daily Bible study with Lil J, pulled out the keyboard again, he's having a blast with it

From the kitchen… I made home-made chocolate chip cookies on Saturday & they were YUMMY (I always love my chocolate chip cookies, no one else's compare in my book, LOL), but they are all gone now

I am wearing… a long sleeved pink tshirt, my Monterey pullover (cuz I was kinda cold), jeans, & socks

I am creating… ummmm, I wrapped all the Christmas presents we have so far (still need 3 more I think) & "creatively" toddler-proofed them, does that count?? (we have a ledge up near the ceiling around the outside of the kitchen & I put them all up there!)

I am going… to get my hair cut this Saturday morning!!  Yay!  I like to trim my hair every 2 months, but I usually end up stretching that to 3 months for financial reasons, but this time I think I've gone close to 6 months & am WAAAY overdue!

I am reading… I finished the 5 love language book & am now reading the 5 love language of your children book

I am hearing… Lil J sucking on his sippy cup

Around the house… we need to decorate our bare Christmas tree!!

A few of my favorite things…playing guitar, reading, cooking

A few plans for the rest of the week: we have THREE parties we've been invited to, one on Friday & two on Saturday

I am praying… that God will show us His favor according to His will, for lots of friends & family too

2 comments:

Sondra said...

I was happy for your chiro update! ~smile~ SO, is that a SECRET, chocolate chip recipe? And what's going on with the food allergies? You know we've been there! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Frau Guten Tag said...

thanks, I'm really happy to have a good & affordable chiro at last!

it's no secret, I ALWAYS use the old nestle toll house recipe, it's oh so good! I always get tons of compliments on them when I make them.

Oh, PLEASE share your experiences with food allergies with me!! I feel like it's getting out of hand. Lil J had a reaction to oats & barley long ago & then pumpkin (that one is REALLY severe for him) & now coconut & rooibos tea! I asked the doc about it & she suggested doing a blood test for food allergies, I am anxiously waiting to hear the results. In the meantime I am trying to figure out how to best manage it & if there's any chance of reversing the allergies (I sure hope there is). So please share with me any knowledge you might have.