Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY, Tuesday, October 12, 2010.
Outside my window… it’s high 70's to low 80's, very comfortable with a slight fall crispness in the air :)
I am thinking… about finances & living on a smaller income,  I wish I could see other people's budgets--not in a nosey way,  just to get ideas & see how other folks do it;  about how I wish I could be one of those people you hear about who donates away more money than they actually live on
I am thankful for… my son, my miracle child, he has changed my life in so many ways, but all for the better
From the learning rooms… still doing daily Bible study with Lil J from "Leading Little Ones to God", still reading daily out of Proverbs as well.  I started reading it out of Lil J's own Bible, rather than my own.  It is the same translation, but the study notes, etc are different, geared for little ones.  I am wondering how you handle it when he's older & asking questions?  What happens when I'm reading in Proverbs about the immoral woman & sex, etc & he asks about that stuff??
From the kitchen… I am so excited that my homemade kefir is going so well.  :D  I have learned how much kefir grains I like to get the taste I like.   I have learned that the kefir tastes so much better (to me anyways, a lot of it just depends on each person's own taste preference) if it sits in the fridge for 24 hours before using it.  So I brew it out on the counter for 24 hours, then strain out the grains & bottle it & sit it in the fridge for 24 hours, then I blend it with fruits & veggies & serve it to Lil J.  So each morning I strain out the one on the counter, set up a new one on the counter & blend yesterday's with the fruit & veggies.  It all takes less than 15 minutes & I love doing it & it's saving us $$   :D
I am wearing… a black tank top & denim shorts
I am creating… working on Lil J's baby book again, he's cutting his first eye tooth so I need to record that & update some other stuff.
I am going… to a concert this Saturday!!  Woo hoo!!!  So excited.  Third Day, Toby Mac, & Michael W. Smith will be performing.  This was hubby's anniversary gift to me.  My brother & sister in law are gonna babysit Lil J for the evening.
I am reading… still working on the Mission book
I am hoping… to get out of this financial slump we are in............
I am hearing… Lil J chatting with his toys, so cute
Around the house… need to get some house cleaning done this week, was too busy last week to do much
Some of my favorite things… driving around, looking at houses, just dreamin'.  Hubby likes  it too & we had fun this last weekend doing it for a little while, we were driving through all these mansions & found a couple of repos & so we got out & looked through the windows & in the back yards, etc.  We found one that was VERY odd, in the middle of mansions.  It was like a Mexican Hacienda, but it was trashed.  Looked like it had been nice at one time, but it wasn't HUGE at all like the other mansions.  And then people had added on to it in just about every direction & each addition had a totally different roof & look to it, very tacky.  But I will never forget the kitchen.  It was massive & this house sat up on top of the hills in Anaheim Hills & the view from this massive kitchen was to die for!!  I wish I had taken a photo.....but I know I will never forget it in my mind.
A few plans for the rest of the week: my laundry marathon is on for today, house cleaning tomorrow & the next day probably & off to the farmer's market on Friday probably
I am praying… for our finances, for hubby's possible hernia, for lots of friends & family

No comments: