Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Outside my window…
It is HOT, but it shouldn't last too much longer & yesterday & the day before I was able to survive without turning on the a/c so hopefully I can continue that way.

I am thinking…
about my relationship with God, I hear people go on & on about their "personal devotion time with God" & it always makes me feel like I'm doing it wrong. Can someone please just explain what "personal devotion time with God" means in plain simple language??

I am thankful for…
food to eat & a roof over our head & our ever so faithful God

From the learning rooms…
my little dude is too young for real learning, but we do Bible study daily & I try to teach him Spanish as well.

From the kitchen…
I made some phenomenal halibut a few days ago, making chicken tonight with baked tomatoes & salad & french green beans probably.

I am wearing…
a heather gray tank top & denim shorts....it's laundry day, nothing fancy

I am creating....
I don't know if I can call it "creating", but I am planning to go through some old photos & scan some & post on facebook for some old friends of mine that recently found me on there.

I am going…
to the doctor on Thursday, am anxious to find out what the 2nd ultrasound results are

I am reading…
educating the whole hearted child, this is such a great book

I am hoping…
that financially I can continue to be a stay at home mom & raise my son & homeschool him.

I am hearing…
the sound of lil J playing

Around the house…
Hubby's been trying to fix the automatic sprinklers that are broken right now, we hate trying to remember to run them manually--we have really bad memories!!

Some of my favorite things…
shoes, clothes, jewelry, all the things I don't have money to buy these days

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Not much really for this week. Hoping to get a pool day in maybe. Hubby is taking stepson to a car show on Saturday, but it's a father/son day so I won't be going.

I am praying… through it all. F
that I can continue to be a sahm, that I can homeschool my son when the time comes, that God allows us to prevail in our 3 legal battles, that God will give me & my doctor wisdom regarding my health issues.

No comments: