Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

(Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ )

FOR TODAY, Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Outside my window…
it is oh so hot.....we really can't afford to run the a/c (& I much prefer the fresh air of open doors & windows over it anyways), but we can't take the heat anymore & we have it set at 80. By this Saturday it is supposed to start cooling off though, thank God.

I am thinking…
about life, about how we hit breaking points in our life & how I used to ask God to just take me home to heaven when I would hit those breaking points & now I'm hitting one & yet I just cannot bring myself to ask that of God now that I have a child. I cannot just leave him behind, who would raise him the way I want him raised?

I am thankful for…
a roof over my head, what food we do have (though I am often hungry these days), & a bed to sleep in at night

From the learning rooms…
daily Bible studies with lil J, my own daily Bible reading & prayer, & I'm still working on "educating the wholehearted child"

From the kitchen…
I am really struggling on my diet, but only need to lose 4 more pounds, I keep telling myself I can do this..........I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.........

I am wearing…
a black tank top & very worn out denim shorts--oh how I need new jeans & shorts

I am creating…
nothing at the moment.......just haven't felt very inspired lately

I am going…
nowhere that I can think of.......no plans yet for this weekend

I am reading…
"educating the wholehearted child"....I am hoping to finish it soon so I can start on Francine River's new novel

I am hoping…
that I can get my medical issues resolved soon.

I am hearing…
veggie tales going in my bedroom--lil J is over there in his jumperoo taking his morning nap

Around the house…
I have not been feeling well. I started not feeling well on Saturday afternoon & it has continued, though slightly less, ever since. Hubby wasn't feeling well on Sunday, but said he was better yesterday. I'm on antibiotics right now, so I'm sure it's related to that.

Some of my favorite things…
spending time with hubby & lil J, on Sunday hubby & I were couch potatoes (which is rare, but we weren't feeling well) & lil J kept climbing up on the couch right in the middle of us, it was so cute

A few plans for the rest of the week:
hopefully I will feel well enough to clean the house & I probably need to get a couple of things (like goat yogurt & kefir for lil J) from the market before the weekend.


I am praying…
for my health, for our finances, for my family & extended family & friends

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:
I "still" don't know how to insert a photo here, sorry :( I am technologically challenged

2 comments:

Sondra said...

I don't know if posting a pic is the same in blogger as in WordPress. When I write out my post there are lots of little icons at the top. When I run my cursor over them, it tells me what they are. I click the one for pics which brings up a browse button. When I click that, it brings up the pics from my computer. Then I click on the one I want, it loads, and I click insert into post. I hope something here is helpful~I'd love to see your pics! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Frau Guten Tag said...

I found those on blogger, but every time I try it won't let me just insert it where I want to, it gives me these layout options of where I want the pic inserted in he blog & none of them will allow it in the middle of the blog like it needs to be.....there must be a way to do this, but I can't figure it out, I'm not too good with computers....