Monday, August 30, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please feel free to join in by getting details from Peggy: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY, Monday, August 30, 2010

Outside my window…
We are expecting a high of 79 for today, much nicer than the triple digits we had for a couple of weeks there, as soon as the gardeners come & finish I will open up all the doors & windows & enjoy the fresh air & breeze.

I am thinking…
about lil J--me & hubby have finally come to the conclusion & acceptance of the fact that he is a strong willed child. I read Dr. Dobson's book on this subject while I was pregnant, sort of as a "just in case", but I pulled it out again yesterday & it is confirming our suspicions 100%. In a sense it's nice, because he will most likely be a leader all his life (unlike my stepson who is so easily manipulated by others), but it's gonna be tough parenting, that's for sure. And Dr. Dobson guarantees super rough teen years. Those have already been & are tough enough with my stepkids that are NOT strong willed children.

I am thankful for…
my family & the nice peaceful weekend we just had together. my husband, who always amazes me

From the learning rooms…
waiting for my continuing education books to arrive so I can complete those, my nursing license is up for renewal in October & I need to complete my education prior to renewing.

From the kitchen…
I was sick all last week & I cannot stick to a low carb/high protein diet (which I was following, trying to lose a few pounds) while sick. I initially gained back the 4 pounds I had lost, but I am still off the diet & eating whatever I want & found this morning that I lost 3 of those 4 pounds. I am quite pleased. I am really re-thinking at least how "I" eat. My family is very stubborn with their food, but I am really reconsidering eating meat. I was a vegetarian for 10 years in the past & could do it again. I just don't like the idea of being legalistic about it. So I'm thinking about just eating less meat, a lot less meat & occasionally having some when it's something really good. I am just so disgusted with the way our govt is allowing these animals to be raised. And I don't say that as a person whose into animal rights, I'm really not, but how can chickens be healthy & nutritious for us when they are eating cow parts ground up in their food???? It's just so disgusting to me the things people do to make money with no regard to the consequences. And don't get me started on the cloned animals we are now eating.

I am wearing…
jeans & a heather grey tank top

I am creating…
paperwork & photos so that I can be included in my 20 year reunion memory book even though I cannot attend the reunion.

I am going…
to a concert in October, it's on the same day as my high school reunion. It's hubby's anniversary present to me. Third Day (our FAVE band) is performing, along with Toby Mac & Michael W. Smith. We are both really excited!! We have always wanted to see Third Day live. And we both like Toby Mac & hubby LOVES Michael W. Smith, hubby loves piano.

I am reading…
I finally finished "educating the whole-hearted child", a very good book indeed that I will be referencing in the future for sure. I started on "her mother's hope", Francine Rivers latest novel, I was really needing a good novel, but now I pulled out "strong willed child" also.

I am hoping…
to be able to get lil J a trampoline soon, if I get money for my birthday I will put it towards that. After that I am hoping to get new jeans, I need them badly.

I am hearing…
veggie tales, lil J is asleep in his jumperoo, fell asleep watching veggie tales

Around the house…
our poor husky hurt her back left leg really bad, she cannot walk. we are unsure if it is sprained, fractured, or dislocated. I am giving her buffered aspirin & glucosamine/chondroitin daily, hoping it will help.

Some of my favorite things…
good food, entertaining people in our home, spending time outside in the fresh air

A few plans for the rest of the week:
We made our monthly stop at Trader Joe's yesterday, I still need to stop at Mother's market & Costco this week. Planning to try to get some walks in while the weather is nice for a little extra exercise.

I am praying…
for lil J (in his sleep)--for the Holy Spirit to conquer his strong will while not destroying his spirit, for our finances & legal battles & my health. For my stepkids. For Gloretha--finances, health, & marriage. For Crystal--finances, health, father's health & daughter's knee. For Godly wisdom in raising my son.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:

Ok, I finally took a minute to figure this out.....here's an old pic of me with my beloved guitar  :)  I need to make more guitar time in my life, but it's hard with everything else that I want to do as well.

No comments: