Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ramblings Re: Health & RIFE

As I'm sure I've said many times now over the past few years my health was declining gradually yet progressively.  It felt like I was dying a slow death.

I had learned that I had interstitial cystitis & thought that was the answer. I thought surely as I managed the IC & allowed my bladder to heal that all would be well.  But it wasn't. 

As I continued on my quest I learned that I have gluten issues.  I am unsure whether it is celiac disease or gluten intolerance (I'm pretty sure it's not a wheat allergy) but it is bad & looking back on my life I think I've had this issue my whole life or close to it.  I also think there's a genetic component & that is runs in my mom's side of the family.  Speaking of a genetic component, it is also an issue for my son.  When I discovered this I again thought that this was the answer & that as I allow my intestines to heal that all would be well.  Although I saw a big improvement when I went gluten free it wasn't quite the miracle cure I was seeking.

Early this year I did a full body detox.  I really didn't see anything until I got to the final phase.  The liver detox.  I passed over 100 gall stones.  I had no clue I even had gall stones.  I continued detoxing my liver & doing a couple of other things for liver health.  And as I continued on this path, pursuing liver health, I began to realize that this was the final piece of the puzzle, it was the miracle cure I was seeking. 

For whatever reason my liver is not yet fully better.  I am still working towards a healthy liver & as I continue this I continue to feel well.  If I stop pursuing liver health I again start feeling sick again.  I am not sure how long this will go on for.  As for how my liver got this way I can only think of all the antibiotics I have consumed in my lifetime.  There is really nothing else that I can see that could've done this.  I have never been a drug user & I have never been a big alcohol drinker.  I can't think of anything else.  I am really quite surprised to learn that my liver is so unhealthy.

My memory is not the best, & I cannot remember where I first learned of RIFE detoxing, but sometime earlier this year I first heard of it.  I was very skeptical of it & did lots of research.  In the end I decided it couldn't hurt to give it a try.  Now most people have a RIFE machine that they use.  All I have is an app on my iPhone, which I have to say makes it seem even less credible, at least to me.  But I still decided to give it a try.  Initially I was doing the candida detox.  Having taken so many antibiotics in my past has caused me much issues with candida.

I must explain that detoxing is hard for me for two reasons.  Reason number one is that my damaged bladder is hurt by many things.  A lot of the herbs & things that need to be consumed in order to detox hurt my bladder, making certain detoxes impossible for me.  A lot of people theorize that IC is caused by an overly toxic body, so the toxins are hurting the bladder, yet the treatment to get the toxins out of the body to lessen the IC cannot be tolerated.  It's like a catch 22 in a sense.  Reason number two is that as you detox the toxins must exit the body.  Obviously they exit through either the bowel or bladder.  When they exit through the bladder it's VERY painful for me.  So again, it's a catch 22.  I need to get the toxins out but it's too painful to do so & so issues continue because the toxins remain.  RIFE detoxing is done by listening to sound waves.  You don't have to ingest anything.  That is a big bonus for someone like me.  Sometimes when I'm detoxing I'm unsure if it's what I'm consuming that is causing pain or if it's the toxins being released that is causing pain or if it's a combination of both.

So I started doing a RIFE candida detox.  I started out doing it for 5 minutes, then increased to 10 a couple of times.  I really didn't see anything going on, so I was starting to think it just didn't work.  Then one day I did it for 30 minutes.  I ended up in SO MUCH PAIN.  And since I didn't consume anything I know for a fact that it was toxins being released that was causing the pain.  Pretty interesting I must say.  That was one of my biggest bladder flares ever but I am quite proud that it was also the first time I made it through such a huge flare without ending up with a bladder infection.  (When the bladder is irritated in a flare it is somehow extremely prone to infection & almost always ends up with an infection)  Needless to say I was hesitant to continue doing the detox after that.  But of course I shouldn't have jumped in for 30 minutes like that so quickly. 

Once I learned that my liver is so toxic I decided to try the RIFE liver detox.  I started out doing 5 minutes, then 10, then 15, then 30.  A big bonus with the liver is that when it dumps toxins they go into the bowel rather than the bladder, so I don't have to worry about being as gentle with this.  I have to say that I wasn't feeling so sick when I was doing this & my face had really cleared up too.

Recently my phone died.  It wasn't a big deal, I actually enjoyed unplugging very much.  The things I missed most were my calendar & my to-do list, which are in my phone.  But of course without my phone I couldn't do my RIFE detoxing.  I was even starting to doubt that it was doing anything.  I can't remember how long I was without my phone, maybe a week or week and a half or so.  I started noticing my face breaking out.  I was shocked, it had been SO CLEAR for quite a while now.  And then I woke up SO SICK one morning.  That same sickness that plagued me so much in the recent past.  I did everything else I know for my liver (taking milk thistle, doing coffee enemas, etc) & was feeling somewhat better.  But then as soon as I got my phone I started the RIFE liver detoxing again & am once again feeling better & no new breakouts on my face since. 

My hubby is very anti-detox.  And he's VERY suspect of the RIFE detox.  All I know is that I see results.  And so I will continue.  I know there's always a possibility of something being all in your head.  But I've always felt that as long as it's not hurting you, if it's helping, then so what if it's all in your head.  Several years ago I was seeing a naturopathic doctor, up until I got pregnant & couldn't continue with the plan the doctor had laid out for me.  I have an appointment to take my son to see her soon, but I am hoping to return to her myself also.  I plan to ask her how I can heal my liver once & for all.  The liver is an organ that can heal & even regenerate itself.  So it should definitely be possible to heal it & be done with all of this.  I suppose it will take some time though.  I know that gluten damage in the intestines can take up to 2 years to heal.  I have no idea if my bladder will ever heal, but I am remaining hopeful.  And I am quite certain that I can heal my liver. 

I'm done rambling for now.....................

No comments: