Tuesday, October 14, 2008

13 weeks tomorrow (& a garden update)

Ok, so I'm wrapping up the end of my first trimester here......tomorrow I will be 13 weeks. This week the baby will be the size of a peach. I'm still really tired, but I do have to report that the last 2 days I did not HAVE to take a nap & my energy held out until around 5pm (it usually starts fading fast around 2 pm), so I do consider that an improvement. I'm still doing pilates & spinning & the occasional walk. Not a whole lot is new here....... On Thursday I see the cardiologist. I honestly can't think of anything else to report..........

As for the garden, when I got up on Saturday & looked out the window at my garden I could clearly recognize that we had a worm eating one of the tomato plants. The last time this happened I didn't recognize it soon enough & lost most of the plant & it still hasn't recouped yet. I get really grossed out about bugs, so I took hubby with me. We found not only one, but SIX huge adult hornworms & 2 babies. The next day on our way home from church we stopped to buy an organic spray for worms. There's a big picture of the tomato hornworm right on the bottle, so I was hopeful it would work. It did say in the directions that it can take up to 2 days to actually kill the worm. So on Sunday when I went to spray the plants I saw another adult worm feasting away, but I left it there, as a test to see if the spray would work. I did take a lot of pleasure in spraying it in the face & it was obvious it wasn't happy about it at all. When I checked yesterday it was still there, but it wasn't very active. When I checked back today it's dead on the ground. Woohooo!!! I would still like to know how these worms get here & how they know to come here.........we don't live in a tomato farm community or anything like that.........

Alright, I guess that's all for now....if anything interesting goes on at the cardiologist on Thursday I'll post a blog then............

No comments: