Tuesday, October 21, 2008

14 weeks tomorrow

So this is the last day of my first trimester. Finally a milestone has been completed. It honestly feels like it's been an eternity now that I've been feeling so tired & sick. And I know this trimester was even cut short, because I didn't even discover I was in it until nearly 5 weeks of it (almost half!) had already passed. So I know the next trimester will feel REALLY long, but I am praying that the fatigue & sickness will pass soon as most people say it will (I have met a few who continued that way for the entire pregnancy & I really pray I am not one of those people). I feel a little disillusioned (sp?) at this point--I have often heard women say they were at their all time happiest while they were pregnant & as they say it they are absolutely beaming. I had always expected to feel this way if I was ever to be pregnant--and it is so not the case for me. I am trying really hard to relish this & enjoy every moment for I know it won't be here for long, but I really just can't seem to enjoy myself. I want my life back, I want to feel like I'm living again & not like a zombie 24/7.

Anyways, I do not know what the baby will be the size of this week--I haven't looked into that yet. Hubby ate that peach early on last week, so the bed's been bare for a while now.

This morning I did the prenatal yoga DVD after spinning for 40 minutes. I have to say I really, really enjoyed it. It felt sooooo good to stretch out my body. And none of it was too challenging for me. I actually switched back & forth between the gal for the first trimester & the second trimester. Most of the modifications for the second trimester are just to use a block & strap, which I normally have to do when I do yoga. I have a very unflexible back, which I am quite certain is due to the scoliosis, which makes me have to do this. I have been spinning 3 days a week & doing pilates 4 days a week. I am now debating if I should do pilates 3 days & yoga 1 each week or if I should split it in half, 2 & 2. I'll have to see how I feel when I do them & decide based on that.......

I guess that's really all there is to report this week. Not a whole lot going on, not much change. And no doctor appointments this week at all.

No comments: