Monday, March 16, 2009

baby stuff arriving at Casa Buendia

So I placed my orders for the baby stuff on the 12th.

On the 13th I received emails that all of it had shipped. The crib & changing table/dresser were the last ones to ship, I got that email really late in the day.

On the afternoon of the 14th a delivery woman was at our door saying she had baby furniture, but she couldn't get it out of the truck--she was hoping there was a man home. And there was, hubby helped her get it out. She said that some men had loaded it up for her, but she had no clue how she was going to get it out, LOL!! It was the crib & changing table/dresser. I cannot believe how fast it got here!!!!

And then this morning the stroller/carseat arrived, as well as the playpen & mattress.

The only package I have opened so far is the stroller/carseat. I installed the carseat already in my Hummer (it's a pretty tight fit I must say........don't know how people with small vehicles do this..........the handle on it is what's in the way). And I assembled the stroller & stuck it in the back of the Hummer. So those are taken care of & out of the way actually. I am very tempted to open the playpen, but haven't as of yet............the day is still young though..........

I checked online for the rest of the stuff--it's all small items & will be arriving in 2 separate packages, but are both expected to arrive on Thursday. That's still pretty quick in my opinion. I am anxious for the rest of it to get here, but even more anxious for the paint & carpet to be done & for hubby to set up the furniture. Hubby seems anxious to do this himself too. We're both getting really excited as the arrival of the baby is getting closer & closer by the day.

The glider/rocking chair is expected to be here sometime next week, but we have to go pick that up at the store, it's not being delivered to the house.

That's all I have to report for now...........

No comments: