Monday, November 25, 2013

Gluten Free Products


I've been working my way through the products that I use, determining what is & what isn't gluten free & getting rid of what isn't.  I thought I'd share my list so far for anyone else who might be reading this & need the info also.

IS GLUTEN FREE:
Neutrogena Naturals Face Wash
Listerine Original Antiseptic
Spry Xylitol Rinse (ALL Spry products are gluten free)
Closys Oral Rinse
Everyday Minerals makeup (I use some of their eye shadows)
O'Keefe's Working Hands
Dimetapp allergy & cold elixir
Eos Lip Balm
Desert Essence tea tree oil & neem toothpaste
Kiss My Face lip balm
Cover FX pressed mineral foundation
Benefit Erase Paste concealer
Derma E (ALL products)--I use a facial moisturizer & eye cream from this company
Kirkland Conditioner
Kirkland Shampoo
Kirkland Body Wash
Everyday Shea Lavender Lotion (the unscented variety is also gluten free, but I've seen a lot of reviews online saying it smells awful)


IS NOT GLUTEN FREE:
Alba Botannica (do not keep tabs on the presence of ANY allergenic ingredients/contaminants)--I was using quite a few products from this company, am still using one that I'm trying to find a replacement for
Burt's Bees (do not keep tabs on the presence of ANY allergenic ingredients/contaminants)==I was using their lip balm & had a lip gloss
Maybelline (they won't give a straight answer, just some vague legal run around  the bush nonsense)--I love their cheapie waterproof liquid eye liner......
L'Oreal (they won't give a straight answer, just some vague legal run around  the bush nonsense)--I used to use voluminous mascara, haven't used it in a long time, but still have some in the house, that's why I contacted them
Garnier--(they won't give a straight answer, just some vague legal run around the bush nonsense)--I was using some of their hair care products 
Chloraseptic Spray (both menthol & cherry flavors)

I am still waiting on a response (been waiting quite a while) from Ocean Mist Cosmetics (I have a blush & some eye shadows from this company) & Lure Beauty (I have blushes from this company).  

I still need to contact Bare Minerals as I use a few products from this company as well--mascara, warmth, eye shadow primer.

I am sure there are still other items I need to check on......the dish soap that I have horrible reactions to comes to mind......

I should point out that no one really knows if using gluten free topical products is helpful or necessary to those with gluten issues, but I would definitely rather be safe than sorry, especially if there's a cumulative effect with multiple sources.  And my son & I sure do have sensitive & irritable skin, so I think for us we really need to play it safe.


No comments: