Monday, November 25, 2013

Gluten Free Thanksgiving


Most of the time my hubby & I have hosted Thanksgiving at our house.  My hubby was already doing that when I first met him & had been doing so for quite some time.  I have always allowed him to do the turkey, but I used to always do all the sides, which can be exhausting.

At some point we decided we were tired of hosting it every year & we took a break for a couple of years & then it was sometimes yes & sometimes no.  Last year was supposed to be at our house & then I got the flu from my son & my poor hubby was on his own cooking & he transported everything to his sister in law's house!  I felt so bad but I was incredibly sick & couldn't even get out of bed for more than a trip to the bathroom.  

This year we are hosting it again.  I like to prep as much as I can ahead of time to keep the day as sane enjoyable as possible.  I realize most people don't cook from scratch, but I like to & also need to in some cases.  

So for this year my plans are:
Monday--made gluten free bread flour mix, make cornbread, make 2 loaves bread, make pie crusts, chop celery & onion, & cube & toast corn bread & bread.
Tuesday--relax, do Thanksgiving crafts with my son
Wednesday--Bake 2 pecan pies & 1 triple berry cobbler, make gravy, saute celery & onion & assemble stuffing (minus broth)
Thursday--assemble potato dish, bake stuffing & potatoes, add turkey drippings to gravy

Hopefully all goes as planned!!  
(My sister in law is bringing yams & a green salad, so that lessens the amount of work I have to do!!)

No comments: