Monday, November 11, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook








FOR TODAY: Monday, November 11, 2013

Outside my window... it's a beautiful day, not too hot, not too cold, I have all the doors open & Lil J's bedroom window open, it's glorious

I am thinking... about the fact that it's Veteran's day & how to best convey that to Lil J in school time today

I am thankful... for the Veteran's who fought for my freedoms

In the kitchen... need to make some flour blends today......my four flour bean mix & my french bread/pizza crust mix are getting low.....gotta feed my sourdough starter as well

I am wearing... jeans & a black top with a blue cami under

I am working on... being more attentive & intentional on teaching my son important things in life

I am going... to take Lil J to the zoo again tomorrow, can't wait!

From the learning rooms..... still learning about David this week, I think I'm gonna take the whole week of Thanksgiving off, but I picked out a lot of Thanksgiving day crafts that we can do instead & we have the Squanto book to read as well

I am reading...still "trying" to read the book my pastor wrote (Turn around at home I think it's called) but haven't gotten any reading accomplished at all recently

I am hoping... for a great & memorable holiday season for Lil J

I am looking forward to... Thanksgiving!!  I LOOOVE Thanksgiving, the cooking, the eating of good food, the family togetherness, a time to reflect on all that we have to be thankful for--so often in the busyness of life I don't spend enough time focusing on all that I have to be thankful for

I am learning......... how to make gluten free SOURDOUGH bread & I am LOVING it & getting really good at it!!

Around the house... Got all my housecleaning done yesterday so I wouldn't be so crazy busy today with swim lesson & laundry & school, etc

I am pondering... how to best teach my son to love reading

A favorite quote for today... With love, help each other--Galations 5:13

One of my favorite things... sillyness with my son

A few plans for the rest of the week: another busy weekend coming with riding on Thomas the train on Sunday & 2 birthday parties for little nephews turning 2!!

I am praying for: several friends with serious health issues

No comments: