To honestly face our subtle sins a quite humbling manner.
While there may be particular helps for certain sins, there are general directions that apply to all our subtle sins.
Steps for dealing with our sins:
1) always address our sin in teh context of the gospel
2) we must learn to rely on the enabling power of the Holy Spirit
3) while depending on the Holy Spirit, we must at the same time recognize our responsibility to diligently pursue all practical steps for dealing with our sin
4) we must identify specific areas of acceptable sins
5) we should bring to bear specific applicable scriptures to each of our subtle sins
6) we should cultivate the practice of prayer over the sins we tolerate
7) we should involve one or more other believers with us in our struggles against our subtle sins
Remember that your heart is a battleground between the flesh & the Spirit. The flesh will sometimes get the upper hand. Your situation may get worse before it gets better. The Holy Spirit will use these times of disobedience & defeat to help you see how deeply rooted your subtle sins are & how totally dependent you are on His power to help you.