Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Skin changes with motherhood

Alright, Im really gonna "try" to post a blog every day this month, we'll see how it goes.

So I always had SUPER oily skin. It was very irritating & people often told me that after having a baby it wouldnt be so bad.

Ive spent my life rarely using moisturizer. And when I did occasionally need it (usually in the winter months) I always had to use an oil free variety.

For the past couple of years Ive been struggling with dry & irritated skin. A couple of times I went to buy a moisturizer & when I read the label & it said not intended for oily skin Id change my mind.

Its taken me a while to come to the realization that I dont have oily skin anumore. I wouldnt necessarily say I have dry skin either, probably "normal".

So yesterday I finally did it, I took the plunge & bought a moisturizer for normal to dry skin. Its from derma e, my absolute fave skincare company. I put it on my face last night at bedtime. This morning I already feel some relief which Im really grateful for.

Is it just me or is that very odd, hacing the oil level in your skin change after having a child?? I wonder on the why & how of it. The only thing I can think of is a change in hormone levels must take place. If anyone has any knowledge on this situation Id love to hear it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've noticed the exact same thing too! I have always had an oily T-zone, but after having my daughter, I find my skin is really dry! Odd!

Happy NaBloPoMo-ing! xo

Danielle-Marie said...

It's crazy how different your body is after having a baby. I NEVER had acne before babies. I always felt so lucky to have good skin (especially during my teen years). Well, with Landon's pregnancy came some break outs here and there. With Hannah's pregnancy came a face full of zits. I don't mean just little ones either. I mean the kind that are under the skin and HUGE. They were painful to the touch. I'm using ProActive and my skin looks much, much better now. Great post. This is something so many mothers can relate to.

Frau Guten Tag said...

Danielle: since I turned 22 Ive atruggled off & on over the years with painful cystic acne. Its sooo frustrating & so painful. Retin-A helps but its really a pain.