Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Spiritual Warfare: Attack on Family


It is clear to me that there is a huge attack in force on the family.  It's been going on for some time.  I'm aware of it with the whole women's lib movement, but I would bet it was going on even before then.  

Obviously if you attack the family the children are the ones who suffer the most.  And what better way to destroy the people, the nation, the future generations?

At the root of a lot of it is selfishness.  As you peel back the layers of our sinful hearts selfishness is at the root of most of it.  It is appalling how selfish we all are.  I know I've mentioned the book "Respectable Sins" in the past.  It is really eye-opening in regards to this topic.  I am planning to re-read it soon, although that will take a while with a 4 year old underfoot.  I get precious little time to be able to read & most of that is limited to my Bible & devotional, as it should be.  

Aside from selfishness is our tendency to be like sheep.  Most people are just following along, doing as they see others doing. 

No comments: